Manage Digital Media
Uppdaterad: mars 2011
Gäller för: Windows Home Server 2011
Digital media refers to audio, video, and photo content that has been digitally compressed. Windows® Home Server 2011 makes it possible for networked computers and some networked digital media devices to play digital media files that are stored on the home server.
Setting up the digital media experience
Before users on your home server network can access digital media that is stored on the server, you must first set up the associated features. The topics in this section describe how to perform the necessary tasks.
- Turn media streaming on or off
- Enable media sharing
- Allow or restrict access to a media library on the server
- Allow or restrict remote access to digital media
- Enable HomeGroup members to discover digital media
- Enable media devices that use the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol to access shared files on the server
Managing digital media on the server
The topics in this section describe tasks that you can perform after you set up the digital media experience for your home server.
Understanding digital media on Windows Home Server 2011
The topics in this section provide additional information about the digital media experience on Windows Home Server 2011.