Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 IT Compliance Management
Published: November 6, 2009 | Updated: December 1, 2010
This Solution Accelerator has been replaced by the IT Compliance Management Series, a resource designed to help eliminate the murkiness of IT governance, risk, and compliance (GRC). The series helps to bridge the knowledge gap for IT pros by translating auditor expectations and IT GRC authority document requirements into real IT tasks through the use of control activities that are specific to a particular technology or platform.
For a complete end-to-end solution, the IT Compliance Management Series should be used in combination with System Center Service Manager and the Microsoft IT GRC Process Management Pack for System Center Service Manager.
- IT GRC Process Management Pack for System Center Service Manager. This tool provides end-to-end compliance management and automation for desktop and datacenter computers.
- Microsoft System Center Service Manager. System Center Service Manager 2010, a new addition to the System Center suite of products, delivers an integrated platform for automating and adapting IT service management best practices to your organization’s requirements.
- Security Compliance Manger. This tool incorporates extensive guidance and documentation in one centralized location, enabling organizations to access and automate their security baselines for Windows client and server operating systems—including Windows 7—and Microsoft applications.
- Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) 4.0. MOF 4.0 delivers practical guidance for everyday IT practices and activities, helping users establish and implement reliable, cost-effective IT services for GRC activities.
Community and Feedback
- Visit the Compliance Management Forum to discuss this release and engage directly with the Compliance development team and your peers.
- If you’ve used a Solution Accelerator within your organization, please share your experience with us by completing this short survey (less than ten minutes long).
- Subscribe to the Regulatory Compliance Blog to discuss current issues related to GRC at Microsoft.
About Solution Accelerators
Solution Accelerators are authoritative resources that help IT pros plan, deliver, operate, and manage IT systems that address real-world scenarios. Solution Accelerators provide free, prescriptive guidance and automation to accelerate cross-product integration, core infrastructure development, and other enhancements.
Sign up to receive the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter so that you can stay informed about new Solution Accelerator releases and updates. The newsletter covers such areas of interest as:
- Communication and collaboration
- Security, data protection, and recovery
- Operations and management