Managing Profile Definitions in the Profiles Resource
You can use the Profiles resource to change the display name and description for a profile definition and to add custom attributes to a profile definition. To create a new profile definition, you can copy an existing profile definition and use the profile designer screen to change the name and attributes of the new profile definition.
Commerce Server 2002 provides you with several profile definitions when you unpack the Blank Solution Site. You can copy to create new profile definitions to suit your needs. You can also delete a profile definition that no longer meets your needs, and delete a custom attribute from a profile definition. You cannot recover a custom attribute after you have deleted it; if you delete a custom attribute by mistake, you must recreate it.
This section contains:
- Creating a Profile Definition in the Profiles Resource
- Adding a Custom Attribute to a Profile Definition
- Validating Profile Definitions in the Profiles Resource
- Embedding a Profile Definition in the Profiles Resource
- Creating a Profile Definition with Two Data Sources
See AlsoCopyright © 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.