Monitoring Commerce Server Sites
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server and Commerce Server 2000 provide a set of monitoring tools that system administrators can use to monitor the performance of their Commerce Server sites. The tools provided by Windows 2000 Server and Commerce Server help you to analyze site usage. You can use the results of these analyses to fine-tune site performance and accommodate growth.
Planning for and configuring your monitoring tools are the initial steps for monitoring your sites. After you have a monitoring plan in place, see Optimizing Commerce Server for more information about fine-tuning the performance of your sites.
This document assumes you have knowledge of Event Viewer and System Monitor. For more information about Event Viewer and System Monitor, see Windows 2000 Server Help.
This section contains:
- About Site Monitoring. Describes monitoring tools you can use.
- Setting Up Your Monitoring Configuration. Describes how to plan for and configure your monitoring tools.
- Monitoring Production Servers. Describes ways to monitor production servers.
- Using Performance Monitoring Tools. Describes the tools available for monitoring server performance.
- Using the Event Viewer Snap-In. Describes how to use the Event Viewer snap-in and the different types of event logs and Windows 2000 events.
- Performance Monitoring Counters. Describes performance counters and explains how to set them up. Lists the counters provided with Commerce Server.
All rights reserved.