Replicating Catalog Content
This section explains how to deploy Commerce Server 2002 product catalogs from a staging environment to a production environment. It provides step-by-step instructions for replicating catalog content in a sample scenario, including:
- Configuring the test environment for the scenario
- Implementing configuration changes to support SQL Server 2000 replication
- Resolving issues that remain after the deployment of the data
The steps in this section are outlined for a sample test environment that includes a single staging server and a production database server. You can extend this model to accommodate custom scenarios for small and large installations of Commerce Server 2002, including distributed installation environments and SQL Server clustered environments.
This section contains:
- Sample Topology for Replicating Catalog Content. Describes a sample topology for replicating catalog content, and it explains how you configure the staging and production environments for replication.
- Configuring a SQL Publication to Replicate a Catalog. Explains how to configuring a SQL publication to support a one-way replication of a product catalog on a scheduled basis.
- Invoking Catalog Replication On Demand. Explains how to invoke a SQL publication to replicate a catalog on demand instead of on a scheduled.
- Physical Schema Changes to a Staging Database. Describes the catalog schema changes that you must replicate manually.
- Replicating Materialized Virtual Catalogs. Explains how to replicate virtual catalogs.
All rights reserved.