Securing Business Desk
You must perform several steps in order to secure Commerce Server Business Desk.
For Business Desk users, configure Internet Information Services (IIS) for Basic Authentication. When Business Desk users run reports, they access data from the Analysis Server (OLAP) database. To use Analysis Services over HTTP, Business Desk users should be authenticated using Basic Authentication (which passes Windows 2000 credentials).
When passing Windows 2000 credentials over the Web, use HTTPS to ensure that the Windows account and password are secured.
- When Business Desk users run reports and access Analysis Services over HTTP, their valid Windows 2000 user ID and password are stored in the Business Desk HTML. For more information, see Accessing the Analysis Server Over HTTPS.
This section contains:
- Overview of Business Desk Security
- Business Desk Security Notes
- Securing BDRefresh.asp, RefreshApp.asp, and Opt-Out.asp
- Securing Business Desk Sessions
- Securing Business Desk Modules
See AlsoCopyright © 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.