Windows Authentication with Autocookie Mode
This topic describes the mixed authentication mode of Windows Authentication with Autocookie. This mode accepts both anonymous and registered users and allows tracking of both types. This mode is useful for sites where part of the content is available to everyone and the rest is available only to registered users.
The primary differences between mixed mode and Windows Authentication mode are as follows:
- The mixed mode allows tracking of anonymous users.
- In mixed mode, an anonymous user must have a valid MSCSProfile ticket to access any URLs regardless of the Access Control List (ACL) settings. In Windows Authentication mode, an anonymous user does not need a ticket and can access any URL with anonymous access rights.
- Expand Commerce Server Manager, expand Commerce Sites, and then click the site you want to administer.
- Expand Applications, right-click the name of the application that you want to work with, and then click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, on the General tab, select Autocookie.
- In the Properties dialog box, on the General tab, in the Authentication filter box, select Windows Authentication, and then click OK.
See AlsoCopyright © 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.