Software Development Kit
The Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes extensive samples and tools to help developers get started programming with Commerce Server. When installed, all of the files composing the Commerce Server 2002 SDK are in a folder called "SDK" under the "Microsoft Commerce Server" folder. This topic describes the structure and contents of the SDK folder.
- You must include the following components of the Platform SDK to build the samples in the Commerce Server 2002 SDK (choose at least these options on the Custom Installation screen of the Platform SDK installation program):
Configuration Options (all)
Base Services (all)
Data Access Services
Microsoft Management Console
Minimum Build Tools
Networking and Directory Services
Active Directory Services Interface
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Microsoft Internet Information Server
You may also want to install the following debugging tools at the same time:
OEM Support Tools
- In addition to installing the Platform SDK, you must also update your system include path to contain the Commerce Server 2002 SDK Include folder, and update your Microsoft Visual C++ directory options to contain the Commerce Server 2002 SDK Include folder.
Note that the installation of the Platform SDK should have added the path settings that it requires to the user INCLUDE and LIB environment variables:
- INCLUDE: <Platform SDK folder>\Include
- INCLUDE: <Platform SDK folder>\Include\ATL30
- LIB: <Platform SDK folder>\Lib
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- In the System Properties dialog box, on the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- In the Environment Variables dialog box, select the variable INCLUDE from the User variables for <username> box, and then click Edit.
- In the Edit User Variable dialog box, append the path to the Commerce Server 2002 SDK Include directory to the value in the Variable Value box. For example, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Commerce Server\SDK\Include.
- To exit all three dialog boxes, click OK three times.
- Open Microsoft Visual C++.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Options dialog box, on the Directories tab, verify that the Include files option in the Show directories for box is selected.
- Click New, and then type the path to the Commerce Server 2002 SDK Include directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Commerce Server\SDK\Include.
- Click OK.
This section contains:
- Include Files. Describes the files contained in the Include folder.
- Tools Folder. Explains how to use the SDK tools.
- Samples Folder. Explains how to use the SDK samples and sitelets.
All rights reserved.