Creating Direct Mail
You use the Campaign Manager module to create and manage direct e-mail advertising campaigns. Direct mail is a campaign item that can be targeted toward specific users by using mailing lists that reside in List Manager. You use the Campaign Manager module to create new direct mail campaigns, personalize messages, add attachments to your direct mail messages, and modify direct mail properties. You can also test your direct mail lists before sending them to production. For step-by-step instructions, see the Direct Mailer Tutorial.
The following workflow illustrates a sample scenario for creating and managing a direct mail campaign:
- In the List Manager module, import a mailing list (for example, a list of top users).
- In the Campaign Manager module, create a direct mail campaign targeting the mailing list of top users.
- Enter the name of a HTML page containing personalized content.
- Add an attachment to the direct mail campaign.
- Schedule the start times and end times for the direct mail campaign, and specify how often the direct mail job is to be sent.
- Test the direct mail you sent against a test list, and view your personalization pages.
This section contains:
- Creating a Mailing List
- Importing a Mailing List
- Adding Direct Mail Properties
- Personalizing a Direct Mail Message
- Adding Attachments to Direct Mail
- Scheduling Direct Mail
- Testing Direct Mail
- Copying Direct Mail
All rights reserved.