Extending Commerce Server
Commerce Server 2002
Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 can be extended in many ways. For example:
- Custom resources and custom Commerce Server Business Desk modules can be written and integrated into Commerce Server Manager and Business Desk, respectively.
- The pipeline processing used for order processing, content selection, and direct mailing can be extended by writing and integrating new pipeline components.
- New types of data can be stored in the Data Warehouse, and new reports can be created to allow analysis of that data.
These extensions, and others, are described in this section.
This section contains:
- Building Business Desk Modules. Explains how to build a new Business Desk module. This includes general architectural information, information about integrating new modules, and reference material about the HTML components available for use in new modules.
- Customizing Style Sheets. Describes how Commerce Server uses customized style sheets.
- Integrating Custom Resources. Explains how to integrate a custom resource into Commerce Server.
- Integrating a Third-Party Product Catalog. Describes the various catalog integration points within Commerce Server so that third-party developers can more easily integrate a different catalog system.
- Integrating with BizTalk Server. Describes how to integrate Microsoft BizTalk Server with Commerce Server 2002.
- Extending the Content Selection Framework. Describes how the Content Selection Framework can be customized to alter the algorithms used to select personalized content.
- Working with Pipelines. Describes how to work with Commerce Server 2002 pipelines.
- Extending the Data Warehouse. Describes how to work with the Data Warehouse. This includes descriptions of its logical schema and its physical data store.
- Creating Custom Reports. Explains how to create new analysis reports to supplement the standard reports that are available with Commerce Server.
All rights reserved.