Setting Up the International Retail Site (Retail2002) with Visual Studio .NET
If you want to explore or extend the International Retail Site (Retail2002) using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET as your development environment, you must first unpack the site using Commerce Server Site Packager. For information about using Commerce Server Site Packager, see Unpacking a Site.
The Retail2002.pup file is located at <%systemdrive%>\Program Files\Microsoft Commerce Server 2002\SDK\Samples\ASPNET\Retail2002\Retail2002.pup.
After unpacking the site, set up the International Retail Site Business Desk and import the sample catalog. Using your browser, navigate to http://<myServer>/Retail2002Bizdesk/ to start the Business Desk client setup process.
To import the sample catalog, see Importing an XML Catalog File. The sample catalog for the site is located at <%systemdrive%>\Program Files\Microsoft Commerce Server 2002\SDK\Samples\ASPNET\Catalog Sitelet\AdvWorksCatalog.xml.
The International Retail Site Retail2002.pup file does not include the images associated with the sample catalog. Use the following procedure to install the images associated with the sample catalog:
- Unpack the Catalog Sitelet from the same location as the XML file. For more information about installing the Catalog sitelet, see Installing the ASP.NET-Based Catalog Sitelet.
- Create the folder, <%systemdrive%>\Inetpub\wwwroot\Retail2002\Images\Catalog.
- Copy the image files from <%systemdrive%>\Inetpub\wwwroot\NetCatalogSitelet\Images folder to the new Catalog folder.
After the site has been unpacked and the sample catalog has been imported, you can open the solution file in Visual Studio .NET using the following procedure:
- Start Visual Studio .NET.
- On the Open menu, click Project.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to and select the file <%systemdrive%>\Inetpup\wwwroot\Retail2002\Retail2002.sln.
The Retail2002 project opens in Visual Studio .NET.
- Do not use the Commerce Server Project Creation Wizard that is integrated into Visual Studio .NET to create the International Retail Site. The International Retail Site solution contains multiple projects that would have to be deleted and re-added manually.
You may get error messages when attempting to build the entire International Retail Site with Visual Studio .NET. To avoid this, you may need to open the inner dependent projects first and build them separately, by doing the following:
- Close Visual Studio .NET.
- Reset IIS.
For more information, see Restarting IIS and Commerce Server Services.
- Open the solution in Visual Studio .NET.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild All.
- If selecting Rebuild All does not accomplish the task, you may need to open the inner dependent projects first and rebuild those projects separately.
See AlsoCopyright © 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.