Extending the Content Selection Framework
The Content Selection Framework (CSF) is a platform-level framework for building targeted content delivery applications on the Internet. The targeted advertising and discount features of Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 are built by using CSF. The framework provides the means for building new types of content delivery applications and makes it easy to customize and extend the advertising and discount delivery systems.
This section contains:
- Extending the Capabilities of the Content Selection Framework. Describes how to extend the scoring, selection, recording, and cache loading capabilities of the CSF.
- Content Selection Framework Concepts. Describes scoring, filtering, tracing and debugging, selecting, formatting, and recording events in the CSF.
- Objects and Components of the Content Selection Framework. Describes the functionality of the objects and components of the CSF.
- Lifecycle of a Request for a Targeted Advertisement Describes the steps involved in targeting advertisements.
- Performance and Scalability of the Content Selection Framework. Describes how to ensure that your custom extensions to the CSF maintain maximum performance.
- Creating the CSF Headlines Sample. Describes how to install and run the custom CSF Headlines sample.
- Content Selection Framework Component Reference. Lists the components associated with the CacheManager object, the CSF pipelines, and the framework.
All rights reserved.