Migrating the Membership Directory
The Directory Migration Toolbox is a collection of components that you use to migrate a Site Server 3.0 Membership Directory to a Commerce Server 2000 user profile store.
This section describes the architecture of the components and how to migrate the Membership Directory, and is intended for use by the system administrators and site developers responsible for migrating a site based on Site Server 3.0 to Commerce Server 2000. Before you use the Directory Migration Toolbox, you should be familiar with the documentation for both products.
This section contains:
- About the Directory Migration Toolbox. Describes the components in the Directory Migration Toolbox.
- Planning for Migration. Describes issues you must consider before beginning your migration.
- Preparing for Migration. Explains how to pre-populate Active Directory groups in the Profiles data store, and how to map attributes in the Membership Directory to attributes in the Profiles data store.
- Starting the Migration Process. Explains how to start the migration process.
- Troubleshooting with the Migration Log File. Explains how to investigate problems using the migration log file.
- Verifying Successful Migration. Explains how to verify that the migration process is working correctly.
- Programmer's Reference for Migration. Provides reference pages for the migration Component Object Model (COM) objects supplied with Commerce Server, and for each of the associated properties and methods.
All rights reserved.