Additional Information About Security
For security tools and service pack releases, go to the Microsoft Security Web site at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=6679.
Before developing and deploying your site, it is strongly recommended that you read the following books about security:
- Writing Secure Code by Michael Howard and David LeBlanc, published by Microsoft Press, 2002.
- Designing Secure Web-Based Applications for Microsoft Windows 2000, by Michael Howard, Marc Levy, and Richard Waymire, published by Microsoft Press, 2000. ISBN 0-7356-0995-0
The following books are good resources and they support the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) program.
- MCSE Training Kit: Designing Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Security, published by Microsoft Press, 2001, ISBN 0-7356-1134-3. This book supports the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer program.
- MCSE Training Kit : Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000, by J.C. Mackin, published by Microsoft Press, 2001, ISBN 0-7356-1347-8.
- MCSE Training Kit : Designing Highly Available Web Solutions with Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Technologies, published by Microsoft Press 2001, ISBN 0-7356-1425-3.
The following firms provide security auditing services:
- Internet Security Systems
All rights reserved.