Running Direct Mailer
You use Commerce Server Direct Mailer to send personalized e-mail messages from a Web page, or non-personalized mailings from a flat text file, to large groups of recipients. Direct Mailer can be used as a stand-alone process or integrated into the Campaigns modules in Commerce Server Business Desk.
The centralized design of Direct Mailer makes it easy to administer. Direct Mailer operates at the Commerce Server global resource level. Each site points to the specific group instance of Direct Mailer to be used for that site. This allows you to partition and load balance which sites use Direct Mailer.
Direct Mailer supplies a command line interface that you use to create, run, monitor, and delete Direct Mailer jobs, as well as perform job startup and recovery tasks. To configure properties on Direct Mailer, you use Commerce Server Manager.
When Direct Mailer is installed, it is automatically integrated with other Commerce Server features. However, you can use it as a stand-alone product without using other Commerce Server components. To use Direct Mailer as a stand-alone product, you use its command line interface.
This section contains:
- Workflow for Direct Mailer. Illustrates the workflow of a Direct Mailer job.
- About Direct Mailer. Provides the software requirements and dependencies for Direct Mailer. Describes the components of Direct Mailer, including a brief overview of the Direct Mailer pipeline, and opt-out lists and how they function.
- Creating and Managing Direct Mail Lists. Describes how to use lists in the Business Desk List Manager, and how to create and process Direct Mailer lists.
- Setting Up a Direct Mail Campaign. Describes the steps necessary to set up a direct mail campaign.
- Developing Direct Mail Content. Describes how to construct personalized content for direct mail message bodies.
- Configuring Direct Mailer. Explains how to modify the time frame in which Direct Mailer sends e-mail messages, as well as how to use multiple delivery locations.
- Viewing Direct Mailer Job Status. Explains how to check the status of your Direct Mailer jobs.
- Pausing, Stopping, and Deleting a Direct Mailer Job. Explains how to stop and delete a Direct Mailer job.
- Restarting a Direct Mailer job. Explains how to restart a Direct Mailer job that stopped before it completed processing.
- Running Direct Mailer in Stand-alone Mode. Explains how to run Direct Mailer as a stand-alone product.
All rights reserved.