Deploying Your Site
You deploy a Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 Web site by obtaining and configuring the required hardware and software, installing Commerce Server 2002, unpacking your Web site, and putting in place the procedures for monitoring and managing your site. This section provides sample deployment configurations, deployment instructions, and issues that you should consider before deploying Commerce Server 2002.
For instructions about configuring your site to use Windows Authentication for database security, see Deploying Commerce Server Using Windows Authentication.
This section contains:
- Deployment Checklists. Describes the items that should be completed before you begin the deployment process.
- Upgrading from Previous Versions. Describes how to upgrade existing installations of Commerce Server.
- Planning for Deployment. Provides guidance about deploying in three primary environments, concepts for clustering, and considerations for using firewalls.
- Configuring a Typical Deployment. Explains the different phases involved in configuring a typical deployment, from hardware and network configuration to software installation.
- Installing the Business Analytics Stand-alone Feature. Describes how to install Commerce Server on one computer using the Business Analytics installation option.
- Installing Sample Configurations. Provides instructions about setting up Commerce Server 2002 in sample configurations.
- Deploying in Distributed Environments. Lists the dependencies of deploying each Commerce Server 2002 component onto its own separate database cluster.
- Deploying Predictor. Explains how to configure and deploy the Predictor so it is secure and performance is optimized.
- Backing Up Your Site. Explains how to back up and restore your site.
- Replicating Catalog Content. Explains how to replicate catalog content from a staging environment to a production environment.
- Updating Your Site. Explains how to update your site content and databases after the initial deployment.
- Using Site Packager. Describes what you can do with Commerce Server Site Packager, and explains in general terms how to package and unpack a site. Also lists reference information for Site Packager.
- Maintaining High Availability. Provides guidance about making your deployment highly available.
All rights reserved.