Running the Data Warehouse
You use the Commerce Server Data Warehouse to import, transform, and store Web site data. You import data into your Data Warehouse from Web log files, Commerce Server databases, and other data sources that you specify. After the data is imported, you can analyze it by running reports from Commerce Server Business Desk, or by viewing population segments.
The Data Warehouse database is added to Microsoft SQL Server when you unpack a site. You use Commerce Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) tasks and SQL Server packages to import and manage the data.
This section contains:
- Workflow for Importing Data. Illustrates the workflow for loading and transforming data.
- About the Data Warehouse. Describes the Data Warehouse and the types of data it contains.
- Data Warehouse Components. Describes the components of the Data Warehouse.
- Configuring the Data Warehouse Resource. Explains how to configure the Data Warehouse resource.
- Configuring Web Log Files for Import. Explains how to configure your default Web site properties for importing.
- Synchronizing Site Configuration withthe Data Warehouse. Explains how to synchronize site configuration with the Data Warehouse so that any changes you make to the application are propagated to the Data Warehouse.
- Configuring Web Log File Import Properties. Explains how to control and customize the way in which Web log file data is imported into the Data Warehouse.
- Importing Data into the Data Warehouse. Explains how to import Web log file, catalog, campaign, transaction, and user profile data into the Data Warehouse.
- Performing Internet Protocol Resolution. Explains how to resolve Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, and describes what occurs when you perform IP resolution.
- Preparing to Create Reports. Explains how to use the Report preparation task, and describes its role in loading data used in reports into the OLAP cubes.
- Deleting Data from the Data Warehouse. Explains how to delete data imported from Web log files from the Data Warehouse.
- Extending the Data Warehouse. Lists resources for extending the Data Warehouse.
All rights reserved.