Closing the Loop with Commerce Server Systems
This is a tutorial for closing the loop with Commerce Server Business Analytics, Targeting, and Profiling Systems.
You use the Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 Business Analytics system to collect data, analyze data, run reports, and make predictions. With the Commerce Server Targeting system, you can personalize content and target marketing campaigns to users who visit your Web site. Commerce Server Profiling system to profile and manage your customers and trading partners for site usage and personalization.
Following are key features of the Business Analytics, Targeting, and Profiling Systems.
|Business Analytics System||Targeting System|
|Business Analytics System||
When you use the segmentation functionality of the Predictor resource to group users who exhibit similar patterns, you can more effectively target marketing campaigns to those users who are more likely to buy products.
You are a software retailer, and want to increase sales for your products. Instead of displaying random ads to everyone who logs on to your Web site, you want to create a smart ad campaign and target only those users who are more likely to buy the products. For example, you want to target an ad for Commerce Server 2002 to customers who have bought Web development software before and are likely to be Web developers by profession.
In this tutorial, you will do the following:
- Import Web log data into your Data Warehouse.
- Build a Segment model.
- Use Business Desk to analyze segments.
- Identify a group of Web Developers on your Web site.
- Export the group of users identified as Web Developers to the List Manager.
- Create a custom profile property, and associate the custom profile property with all the users identified as Web Developers.
- Create a campaign expression for Web Developers.
- Create a Target Group so that only Web Developers are targeted by related ads.
- Create an Ad campaign for Commerce Server 2002
- Log in as a member of the Web Developer user list to verify that your ad campaign is working.
This tutorial contains:
- Lab 1: Preparing for the Tutorial
- Lab 2: Importing Data into the Data Warehouse
- Lab 3: Building a Segment Model
- Lab 4: Analyzing the Segment Model
- Lab 5: Mapping a Custom Profile Property to the List of Users
- Lab 6: Creating a Campaign Expression
- Lab 7: Creating an Ad Campaign
- Lab 8: Verifying your Ad Campaign
All rights reserved.