Pricing a Product in a Base Catalog
You set prices of products while creating product properties. However, you can also change prices for your products whenever you receive a notification of a price change. For example, if the price of a black leather jacket increases from $399 to $429, you can make that change in the product properties.
The procedures for pricing products in virtual catalogs differ significantly from pricing products in base catalogs. For instructions, see Pricing a Product in a Virtual Catalog.
- To temporarily change the price of a product for a specific length of time or for a selected set of users, you can create a discount campaign. For more information, see Creating a Discount.
- In Catalogs, click Catalog Editor.
- In the Catalogs screen, select the catalog that contains the product you want to price, and then click on the toolbar.
- In the Catalog Content - <Catalog Name> (product) screen, in the Product section, find the product you want to price. To list all products, click Find All.
- In the Products list, select the product you want to price, and then click Edit.
- In the Catalog Editor - <Catalog Name> - <Product Name> screen, type the price for the product in the Default price box.
- To return to the Catalog Content - <Catalog Name> (product) screen, click on the toolbar.
- To return to the Catalogs screen, click on the toolbar.
- To apply the updated pricing to your Web site, click on the toolbar.
The updated catalog is published on your Web site.Copyright © 2005 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.