Business Desk Reference
Commerce Server Business Desk provides a framework within which third party developers can add their own functionality. The different aspects of the framework can be categorized as follows:
- A well-defined way in which new modules make themselves known.
- A number of HTML Components (HTCs) that provide a standardized user interface for the display and manipulation of data.
- A large number of constants, global variables, and utility routines that provide a common basis for module development.
This section provides detailed information about these different aspects of the Business Desk Framework, presented in a reference format.
For conceptual information about building a new Business Desk module, see Building Business Desk Modules.
For information about the cascading style sheets that control the look of Business Desk, see Style Sheet Reference.
This section contains:
- XML Structures. Describes the Extensible Markup Language (XML) structures that are used with Business Desk for module and category configuration, and for HTC configuration. This includes links to the XML Reference section for details about these structures.
- HTML Components. Describes the HTML Components that are used for data presentation and manipulation within Business Desk. Provides detailed information about the various properties, methods, and events associated with these HTCs, as well as links to the XML Reference topics describing the structure of their configuration information.
- Include Files. Describes the include files that define the constants, global variables, and utility routines that constitute much of the Business Desk Framework. Explains when to include and when to not include each of these files.
- Constants. Describes the constants defined in the various Business Desk include files. Defines which constants are available in client-side script and which constants are available in server-side script.
- Global Variables. Describes the global variables defined in the various Business Desk include files. Defines which global variables are available in client-side script and which global variables are available in server-side script.
- Utility Routines. Describes the routines defined in the various Business Desk include files. Defines which routines are available in client-side script and which routines are available in server-side script.
- Debugging Business Desk. Describes debugging aids built into the HTCs and framework routines.
All rights reserved.