Rules & Regulations
- No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, a participant must be a resident of Canada and of the age of majority in his or her province of residence (excluding Quebec). Any potential participant who is an employee of Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Canada Co. ("Microsoft"), their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives, or a member of the respective immediate families of such employees or anyone with whom such employees are domiciled is ineligible to participate in the contest.
- The contest will run from February 3, 2008 to March 31, 2008.
- Eligible participants may enter the contest by two means:
- Casting a vote for your favourite Innovation Awards candidate at the following web site
www.microsoft.ca/technet/innovationawards (limit one vote per person) ;
- By obtaining a contest entry form by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Microsoft Canada Co.
1950 Meadowvale Blvd.
Mississauga, ON L5N8L9
Attention: Simran Chaudhry
and completing and returning the entry form.
Mail-in entry forms will not be distributed after the close of the contest on March 31, 2008 and must be post-marked by April 5, 2008. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. Microsoft takes no responsibility for lost, late, destroyed or misdirected entries. Limit one entry per person.
- Ten (10) winners will be selected by random draw to be held at Microsoft on April 10, 2008. The draw will be held at 1950 Meadowvale Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5N 8L9. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of entries.
- The selected participant will be notified by telephone within thirty (30) days of the draw and, prior to being declared a winner, will be required to correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing technical question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
- If the selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, cannot be reached by telephone within thirty (30) days of the draw, or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions, his or her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- There are ten (10) prizes available to be won, consisting of Halo® 3 video game for the Xbox 360® (approximate retail value of $60 each). The prizes will be couriered to the winner’s home address within 2 weeks of the receipt of the signed declaration and release. All taxes related to a prize are payable by the winner. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes described above in (7) with prizes of equal or greater value.
- By entering, all participants agree to abide by the official rules and regulations and decisions of the contest organizers which are final. All entries become the property of Microsoft and will not be returned.
- To be declared a winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules and regulations; (b) release Microsoft from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consent to the use of the participant’s name, address, likeness and/or image for publicity purposes in all mediums. Microsoft reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statement without further compensation to the winner.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with the winner.
- Microsoft reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the contest should causes beyond the control of Microsoft corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest.
- Microsoft assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction to or unauthorized alteration of the entries. Microsoft is not responsible for (i) any problems or technical malfunctions or any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software; (ii) the failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Microsoft on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to participants or any other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this contest.