Skip to main content
We’re sorry. The content you requested has been removed. You’ll be auto redirected in 1 second.
TechNet and MSDN Newsletter Contest
MICROSOFT CANADA CO.
TECHNET AND MSDN NEWSLETTER CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, a participant must be a resident of Canada and of the age of majority in his or her province of residence. Any potential participant who is an employee of Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Canada Co. ("Microsoft"), their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives, or a member of the respective immediate families of such employees or anyone with whom such employees are domiciled is ineligible to participate in the contest. "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
- The contest will run from October 8th, 2010 to 11:59PM on November 2nd, 2010.
- Eligible participants may enter the contest by one of two means:
- Subscribe to the
MSDN newsletter; or
By emailing your entry to Ted Chun at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Alan Wake TechNet & MSDN newsletter contest.
- One winner will be selected by random draw to be held on October 12, October 19, October 26 and November 2, 2010. The draw will be held at Microsoft located at 1950 Meadowvale Blvd., Mississauga, Ontario. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of entries.
- The selected participant will be notified by telephone within thirty (30) days of the draw and, prior to being declared a winner, will be required to correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing technical question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
- If the selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, cannot be reached by telephone within thirty (30) days of the draw, or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions, his or her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- There are four (4) prizes available to be won, consisting of a copy of Xbox 360 video game-Alan Wake-Collectors Edition (approximate retail value of $69.99). The prizes will be couriered to the winner's address within two (2) weeks of the receipt of the signed declaration and release. All taxes related to a prize are payable by the winner. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes described above in (7) with prizes of equal or greater value.
- By entering, all participants agree to abide by the official rules and regulations and decisions of the contest organizers which are final. All entries become the property of Microsoft and will not be returned.
- To be declared a winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules and regulations; (b) release Microsoft from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consents to the use of winner's name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by Microsoft and its advertising and promotional agencies in connection with the contest, without payment or compensation.
- In consideration of this prize, the undersigned hereby irrevocably consents to the use of my/ Winner'sname, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Canada Co. and their respective advertising and promotional agencies in connection with the Contest, without payment or compensation.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with the winner.
- Subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux, Microsoft reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the contest should causes beyond the control of Microsoft corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest.
- Microsoft assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction to or unauthorized alteration of the entries. Microsoft is not responsible for (i) any problems or technical malfunctions or any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software; (ii) the failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Microsoft on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to participants or any other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this contest.
- With respect to Québec residents and to entries originating within the Province of Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.