Skip to main content
We’re sorry. The content you requested has been removed. You’ll be auto redirected in 1 second.
Rules & Regulations
MICROSOFT CANADA INC.
NEWSLETTER SURVEY CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, a participant must be a resident of Canada and have reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence at the time of entry. Any potential participant who is an employee of Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Canada Inc. ("Microsoft"), their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives, or a member of the respective immediate families of such employees or anyone with whom such employees are domiciled is ineligible to participate in the contest. "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
- The contest will run from December 15th, 2010 to January 21, 2011.
- Eligible participants may enter the contest by one of two means:
- By completing and submitting the MSDN or TechNet newsletter survey here by the contest close date; or
- By obtaining a contest entry form by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
1950 Meadowvale Blvd. Mississauga, ON. L5N 8L9
Attention: Ted Chun
and completing and returning the entry form.
Mail-in entry forms will not be distributed after the close of the contest on January 21, 2011 and must be received January 26th, 2011. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. Microsoft takes no responsibility for lost, late, destroyed or misdirected entries.
- One (1) winner will be selected by random draw to be held at 10AM-EST on January 27, 2011. The draw will be held at Microsoft located at 1950 Meadowvale Blvd. Mississauga, ON. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- The selected participant will be notified by telephone (using the telephone number provided on the selected participant's entry form) within thirty (30) days of the draw and, prior to being declared a winner, will be required to correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing technical question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
- If the selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, cannot be reached by telephone within thirty (30) days of the draw, or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions, his or her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- There are one (1) prize packages available to be won, consisting of an Xbox 360® Kinect™ 4 gb package (approximate retail value of $299.99 and a Halo® Reach Legendary Edition (approximate retail value of $149.99). The prizes will be couriered to the winner's address within two (2) weeks of the receipt of the signed declaration and release. All taxes related to a prize are payable by the winner. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes described above in (7) with prizes of equal or greater value.
- By entering, all participants agree to abide by the official rules and regulations and decisions of the contest organizers which are final. All entries become the property of Microsoft and will not be returned.
- To be declared a winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules and regulations; (b) release Microsoft from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consents to the use of winner's name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by Microsoft and its advertising and promotional agencies in connection with the contest, without payment or compensation.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with the winner.
- Subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux, Microsoft reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the contest should causes beyond the control of Microsoft corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest (such as tampering or infection by computer virus, fraud, technical failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the contest) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the prize.
- Microsoft assumes no responsibility for any (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, defective or altered entries; (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to entrants or any other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this contest.
- With respect to Québec residents and to entries originating within the Province of Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.