Tip: Easily Configure and Print Multipage Booklets in Word
Printing a multipage document in booklet form is a difficult task if you do it manually. You need to calculate page sizes and margins, and worst of all, you have to reorder the pages so that they come out in the proper order when the sheets are folded and collated. Fortu¬nately, Word can do all the hard work for you.
To set up a document to print as a booklet, follow these steps:
1. On the Page Layout tab, click Margins, Custom Margins.
2. On the Margins tab of the Page Layout dialog box, next to Multiple Pages, select Book Fold.
3. Under Margins, enter dimensions for page margins. Keep in mind that the page size is now one-half of the paper size. (For example, if you’re using letter size paper, the new effective page size is 5½ inches by 8½ inches.)
4. If you want to allow additional space along the fold to accommodate a binding, increase the Gutter value.
5. Next to Sheets Per Booklet (under Pages), select the number of pages you want in each booklet. If your document has more pages than the number you select, the document prints as multiple separate booklets.
After you create the document content and you’re ready to print your booklet, choose File, Print. Click the second button under Settings, and then select either Print On Both Sides (if your printer can duplex automatically) or Manually Print On Both Sides (if your printer prints on only one side of the sheet).
Note that for the best results, you should follow these steps before you enter and format the document content.