Applies To: SQL Server 2016 Preview
This section contains tutorials for SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services.
- Get started with Datazen dashboards using Analysis Services data and MDX queries
This is a 3-part walkthrough that spans server configuration, data source and data view definition, and concludes with a functional dashboard that uses the results your MDX query.
- Tabular Modeling (Adventure Works Tutorial)
This tutorial provides lessons on how to author a basic Analysis Services tabular model for the fictitious company, Adventure Works, by using SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
- Multidimensional Modeling (Adventure Works Tutorial)
This tutorial teaches the fundamental skills and concepts behind multidimensional modeling in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT). When you are finished, you will have a cube database based on Adventure Works data that you can access from Excel, Reporting Services, or any other client application that connects to Analysis Services.
- AdventureWorks Sample Databases on Codeplex
This link takes you to the codeplex download page that has the AdventureWorks sample databases for SQL Server 2014.
- AMO Code Sample for Creating Tabular Models Programmatically
This link takes you to a Codeplex download page that has the AMO sample for SQL Server 2014.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Tutorials
Most of the SQL Server 2008 R2 tutorials work on a SQL Server 2014 server. If you are new to Data Mining, use this link to find the SQL Server 2008 R2 Data Mining Tutorials that also work with a SQL Server 2014 instance of Analysis Services.