- Application Compatibility Manager and the Agent Framework
- Compatibility Evaluators
- Storing and analyzing the data
- The Standard User Analyzer
- Internet Explorer Compatibility Test Tool
%program files%\Microsoft Agent Framework\Agent Framework\afsetup.exe /uninstall
- The Decompressor agent (decompressor.exe) is the companion to the Compressor agent used on the workstations you collect from; it extracts the XML files generated on the client from the CAB files used to upload them. Once extracted, the Listener agent detects the change and can proceed.
- The Listener agent (listener.exe) monitors the specified directory for changes. It waits for changes to take place in the monitored directory, then processes them by sending an RPC call to the Queuing agent.
- The Queuer agent (queuer.exe) sets up ports to listen for RPC calls from the Listener agent. When it receives these calls, it processes the file and uploads them to the database. The Queuer agent moves completed XML files from the root or uncompressed folder to the Processed folder when it succeeds. If it fails, it moves the files to the Failed folder. Quite often, if a log fails to process, you can simply move it back to the root directory of the monitored share to try again, and often this will succeed.
appverif.exe -enable luapriv -for "notepad.exe"