How to install client tools only (Setup)
You can install client tools only using any SQL Server compact disc, on any supported operating system. For more information, see How to install tools only from any compact disc.
To install client tools only for SQL Server 2000
- Insert the Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 compact disc in your CD-ROM drive. If the compact disc does not autorun, double-click Autorun.exe in the root directory of the compact disc.
- Select SQL Server 2000 Components, select Install Database Server, and then click Next at the Welcome screen of the SQL Server Installation Wizard.
- In Computer Name dialog box, Local Computer is the default option, and the local computer name appears in the edit box. Click Next.
- In the Installation Selection dialog box, click Create a new instance of SQL Server, or install Client Tools, and then click Next.
- Follow the directions on the User Information, Software License Agreement, and related screens.
- In the Installation Definition dialog box, click Client tools only, and then click Next.
- In the Select Components dialog box, accept the defaults or select the components you want, and then click Next.
You can select an item in the Components list, such as Management Tools, and then select items from the related Sub-Components list, such as Enterprise Manager. Click to select items you want to install; clear the check box of the items you do not want to install.
For information about each component, select the item, and view the Description box.
- In the Start Copying Files dialog box, click Next to complete the installation of the client tools.