How to install tools only from any compact disc (Setup)
Note In this procedure, you can use the installation disc for any edition of SQL Server 2000 on a computer with any of the operating systems supported by SQL Server 2000.
To install tools only from any compact disc
- Insert a Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 compact disc in your CD-ROM drive. This can be the installation disc for any edition of SQL Server 2000, without regard to operating system support. If the compact disc does not autorun, double-click Autorun.exe in the root directory of the compact disc.
- Select SQL Server 2000 Components, select Install Database Server, and then click Next at the Welcome screen of the SQL Server Installation Wizard.
- In Computer Name dialog box, Local Computer is the default option, and the local computer name appears in the edit box. Click Next.
- Follow the directions on the User Information, Software License Agreement, and related screens.
- In the Select Components dialog box, accept the defaults or select the components you want, and then click Next.
You can select an item in the Components list, such as Management Tools, and then select items from the related Sub-Components list, such as Enterprise Manager. Click to select items you want to install; clear the check box of the items you do not want to install.
For information about each component, select the item, and view the Description box.
- In the Start Copying Files dialog box, click Next to complete the installation of the client tools.