How to add components to an instance of SQL Server 2000 (Setup)
Note You cannot remove components by clearing checkboxes in the Select Components dialog box. If you need to remove components from an instance of SQL Server, you must uninstall the instance.
To add components to an instance (default or named) of SQL Server 2000
- Run SQL Server Setup, select SQL Server 2000 Components, select Install Database Server, and then click Next at the Welcome screen of the SQL Server Installation Wizard.
- In Computer Name dialog box, Local Computer is the default option and the local computer name appears in the edit box. Click Next.
- In the Installation Selection dialog box, click Upgrade, Remove, or Add Components to an existing instance of SQL Server, and then click Next.
- In the Instance Name dialog box, Default is selected if you have the Default instance installed. If you want to add components to a named instance, select it from the Instance Name list, and then click Next.
- In the Existing Installation dialog box, click Add Components to your existing installation, and then click Next.
- In the Select Components dialog box, select a component from the Components list, and then select items from the related Sub-Components list. Click to select items you want to add, and then click Next.
For information about each component, select the item, and view the Description box.
- When you are finished specifying options, click Next in the Start Copying Files dialog box to add components to the selected instance of SQL Server.