How to perform a remote installation of SQL Server 2000 (Setup)
SQL Server 2000
To perform a remote installation
- Insert the Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 compact disc in your CD-ROM drive. If the compact disc does not autorun, double-click Autorun.exe in the root directory of the compact disc.
- Select SQL Server 2000 Components, select Install Database Server, and then click Next at the Welcome screen of the SQL Server Installation Wizard.
- In Computer Name dialog box, click Remote Computer. You can then type a computer name or click Browse to locate a remote computer.
- In the Installation Selection dialog box, click Create a new instance of SQL Server, or install Client Tools.
- Follow the directions on the User Information, Software License Agreement, and related screens.
- In the Remote Setup Information dialog box, enter password and other information. For more information, see Remote Setup Information. After you finish defining options, click Next.
- In the Installation Definition, Instance Name, Setup Type, and subsequent setup screens, select the options you want for the remote installation.
SQL Server Setup creates the Setup.iss file in your local system folder with the options you have specified.
- After Setup creates Setup.iss, the Setup Complete dialog box appears. Click Finish to start the remote installation process.
- When the process is finished, click OK in the message box that appears. Reboot the remote computer before running the remote instance.