Using SQL Server CE Query Analyzer
SQL Server CE Query Analyzer is a graphical tool included in Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 Windows® CE Edition (SQL Server CE) that you can use to:
- Create databases.
- Manage and connect to other databases on a device.
- Verify remote data access (RDA) and replication applications.
- Create and modify tables and indexes in a database.
- Query objects by using the SELECT statement.
- Insert and delete rows in a table.
- Modify existing data in a table.
- Compact and repair a database.
Note To navigate the graphical interface and execute commands in SQL Server CE Query Analyzer on a device, you must use a stylus. However, when the device is connected to a desktop computer, the desktop keyboard and mouse can be used in conjunction with Microsoft Remote Display Control for Windows CE.
Queries that are executed through SQL Server CE Query Analyzer run with the following default behavior, which cannot be changed:
Installing and Starting SQL Server CE Query Analyzer
The installation of SQL Server CE Query Analyzer depends on the development environment onto which SQL Server CE is installed. When you install SQL Server CE, SQL Server CE Query Analyzer is not installed by default on a device. For more information, see Installing SQL Server CE Query Analyzer.
To start SQL Server CE Query Analyzer
- Run the SQL Server CE Query Analyzer executable file, Isqlw20.exe, directly from the Start menu or from the directory in which it is installed.
After SQL Server CE Query Analyzer is installed, you can refer to the following topics that describe how to use it: