Software Deployment in Essentials
Updated: April 14, 2010
Applies To: System Center Essentials 2010
You use software deployment in System Center Essentials 2010 to centrally deploy software to your managed computers. By using Essentials 2010, you can specify criteria to group the computers that require the software, deploy the software to those computers, and then review deployment status.
To assist you in software deployment, Essentials 2010 provides an overview window that provides a central point of access to all functions related to software deployment. By using the status summaries, tasks, reports, help, and other information in this overview window, you can easily deploy software to managed computers.
In This Section
- About Software Deployment in Essentials
- Describes the software deployment feature.
- How to Create and Deploy a Software Package in Essentials
- Provides steps for creating a new software deployment package and specify how and to which managed computers it will be deployed.
- How to Create a Software Package That Contains a Response File in Essentials
- Provides steps for creating a new software deployment package when an unattended install is required.
- How to Approve Software for Deployment in Essentials
- Provides steps for approving software for deployment. Approval is required before deploying.
- How to Modify a Software Package in Essentials
- Provides steps for changing a software deployment package; for example, to change installation parameters.
- How to Delete a Software Package in Essentials
- Provides steps for deleting a software package from Essentials 2010. Using the steps this procedure does uninstall software.
- How to Uninstall Deployed Software in Essentials
- Provides steps for uninstalling software that was previously installed on managed computers.
- How to View Software Packages in Essentials
- Provides steps for viewing and checking properties for software packages.
- How to Deploy Microsoft Office 2010 by Using System Center Essentials 2010
- Describes how you can create a software package for deploying Microsoft Office 2010.
Other ResourcesManaging Computers and Devices in Essentials
Did you find this information helpful? Please click the following link to send your suggestions and comments about the documentation to the System Center Essentials Feedback alias: email@example.com.