Getting Started with System Center Essentials 2010
Updated: April 14, 2010
Applies To: System Center Essentials 2010
The Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010 Operations Guide provides information about how to use Essentials to manage your IT environment. It provides detailed procedures for the following tasks:
In This Section
- Understanding the Essentials 2010 Console
- Introduces overviews of workspaces on the Essentials 2010 console.
- Managing Computers and Devices in Essentials
- Describes computer groups in Essentials 2010 and explains how to use them for software deployment, update management, monitoring, and inventory.
- Virtualizing Your Server Environment in Essentials
- Describes how to use virtual machines to help maximize business technology resources.
- Monitoring in Essentials
- Explains how to use the rules and monitors in management packs to track performance of managed computers and aggregate performance data.
- Update Management in Essentials
- Provides information for administrators to view, download, and deploy software updates.
- Software Deployment in Essentials
- Provides an overview window as a central point of access to all functions related to software deployment and describes how to use status summaries, tasks, reports, help, and other information in this overview window.
- Reporting in Essentials
- Describes reporting in Essentials 2010 and how to find, run, print, and export reports.
Did you find this information helpful? Please click the following link to send your suggestions and comments about the documentation to the System Center Essentials Feedback alias: firstname.lastname@example.org.