Authoring in Essentials
Updated: April 14, 2010
Applies To: System Center Essentials 2010
The Authoring navigation button displays the Authoring Overview pane, which displays a list of all installed and imported Management Packs and the objects defined by those Management Packs for System Center Essentials 2010.
When you click Authoring, you can view the following information:
Management Pack templates.
A list of installed and imported Management Packs, and the classes defined by each Management Pack.
In the Authoring Overview pane, you can also perform the following tasks:
Add a monitor to a Management Pack.
Create Management Pack objects.
Manage Management Packs objects.
Manage distributed applications.
Manage monitoring groups.
Use the Authoring pane in System Center Essentials 2010 to configure Management Pack objects, distributed applications, and groups.
In This Section
- Management Pack Templates and the Add Monitoring Wizard in Essentials
- Provides information about how templates and the Add Monitoring Wizard are used to create and target custom Essentials 2010 object types.
- Distributed Applications Node in Essentials
- Provides information about Distributed Application Designer in Essentials 2010.
- Groups in Essentials
- Provides information about the logical collections of objects, or groups, in Essentials 2010.
- Management Pack Objects in Essentials
- Provides information about Management Pack objects (attributes, monitors, object discoveries, rules, tasks, and views) in Essentials 2010.
- Targeting in Essentials
- Provides important information about correctly targeting your monitors, rules, and views.
- Overrides in Essentials
- Provides general information about using overrides to modify settings for monitors, rules, and so forth.
- Web Application Editor in Essentials
- Provides information about how synthetic transactions can be used to evaluate Web site performance.
ConceptsAuthoring Pane in Essentials
Did you find this information helpful? Please click the following link to send your suggestions and comments about the documentation to the System Center Essentials Feedback alias: email@example.com.