Establish spam and junk e-mail management solutions
There are many products and approaches to use when trying to eliminate spam from an Inbox. When looking at approaches to fighting, an organization has a number of choices, including:
- Using client-side software.
- Using software on the mail server or software that integrates with the mail server’s antivirus software.
- Implementing an anti-spam gateway that exists in an organization’s perimeter network.
- Arranging for a third party or Exchange Hosted Services to perform the initial message hygiene functions (anti-spam and antivirus) before the message is forwarded to the organization’s mail servers
Exchange Server 2007 includes built-in protection with features like Edge Transport, Hosted Filtering Integration, and anti-spam filtering and extensibility for antivirus protection.
- Gateway technology: Microsoft Exchange Server Intelligent Message Filter provides server-side message filtering, heuristics-based message analysis, and support for per-message spam confidence level ratings. Exchange Server 2003 SP2 includes Exchange Intelligent Message Filter v2.
On this page
Planning for Group Policy with the Office system
Create and deploy Junk E-mail Filter lists in Outlook 2007
Plan for limiting junk e-mail in Outlook 2007
Plan for configuring security settings in Outlook 2007