Reporting in Configuration Manager
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 reporting helps you to gather, organize, and present information about users, hardware and software inventory, software updates, site status, and other Configuration Manager operations in your organization. Reporting provides you with a number of predefined reports that you can use as is or that you can modify to meet your needs, or custom reports and dashboards can be created to meet your needs. Click the associated link the following section for overview information about reporting and detailed information about configuring, managing, and troubleshooting reporting.
In This Section
- Reporting Overview
- Provides an overview for reporting.
- Configuring Reporting
- Provides the configuration information for reporting.
- Reporting Tasks
- Provides a set of tasks to perform reporting objectives.
- Reporting Security Best Practices
- Provides security and privacy information and best practices for reporting.
- Troubleshooting Reporting
- Provides troubleshooting information for reporting.
- Technical Reference for Reporting
- Provides technical reference information for reporting.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.