Software Distribution in Configuration Manager
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 software distribution feature provides a set of tools and resources that help you create and manage packages and advertisements used to distribute software to client resources within your enterprise.
The topics in this section provide detailed information about planning, configuring, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting software distribution.
In This Section
- Software Distribution Overview
- Provides an overview of the software distribution feature in Configuration Manager.
- Prerequisites for Software Distribution
- Provides information about prerequisites necessary for using the software distribution feature.
- Planning Software Distribution
- Provides planning information for the software distribution feature.
- Configuring Software Distribution
- Provides the configuration checklist and tasks to configure software distribution within the Configuration Manager environment.
- Tasks for Software Distribution
- Provides a set of tasks to perform software distribution objectives, including how to create and manage packages, programs, and advertisements, as well as how to manage distribution points so as to distribute your software.
- Troubleshooting Software Distribution
- Provides troubleshooting information for software distribution in Configuration Manager.
- Software Distribution Security Best Practices and Privacy Information
- Provides security and privacy information and best practices for distributing software in Configuration Manager.
- Technical Reference for Software Distribution
- Provides optional technical details about software distribution.
Other ResourcesConfiguration Manager 2007 Features
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.