Updated: December 1, 2008
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Configuration Manager 2007 generates a tremendous amount of network, inventory, discovery, and status information, which it maintains in the site database. Depending on the level of each site in the Configuration Manager hierarchy, the site database might also include information that is passed up from child sites. One challenge that administrators might face is retrieving the pertinent data that is necessary to monitor and evaluate the Configuration Manager system and to help administrators and others effectively manage an organization. Configuration Manager can be used to gather, organize, and present information that is collected in the site database.
Reporting provides a number of predefined reports that provide data for the Configuration Manager components and processes. Custom reports can also be created, and predefined reports can be modified to meet business needs. Click any link in the following section for overview information about reporting.
|For information about using the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Development Kit to script and develop software for this feature, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=129520.|
In This Section
- Prerequisites for Reporting
- Specifies the requirements for using the reporting component in Configuration Manager.
- About Reporting Points
- Provides information about the reporting point site system.
- About Report Viewer
- Provides information about Report Viewer, which displays the reporting types by using Internet Explorer.
- About Configuration Manager Reports
- Provides overview information about Configuration Manager reports, the report structure, and the report settings.
- About Configuration Manager Dashboards
- Provides overview information about Configuration Manager dashboards and information about using dashboards.
- About Supplemental Reports
- Provides information about supplemental reports that can be displayed in Report Viewer.
ConceptsReporting in Configuration Manager
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.