Configuring Network Access Protection
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
The Configuration Manager 2007 Network Access Protection (NAP) feature requires a number of configuration steps before you can create policies to enforce compliance with software updates. Click the associated link in the following section for information about how to configure Network Access Protection for Configuration Manager.
|These topics do not include configuration of the Network Policy Server. For information about configuring Network Access Protection for Configuration Manager on the Network Policy Server, see Configuring the Network Policy Server for Configuration Manager.|
In This Section
- How to Deploy Network Access Protection For a Single Forest
- Lists the default values that will be used when all the System Health Validator points reside in the same Active Directory forest as the site servers, and the requirements for provisioning Active Directory Domain Services for Configuration Manager site publishing.
- How to Deploy Network Access Protection Across Multiple Forests
- Lists four different scenarios for when all the System Health Validator points do not reside in the same Active Directory forest as the site servers, with configuration steps for each scenario.
- How to Prepare the Site for Network Access Protection Clients
- Provides information about ensuring clients can support Network Access Protection, including how to deploying Windows XP Service Pack 3 to support Network Access Protection on the Windows XP operating system platform.
- How to Configure the Network Access Protection Client Agent
- Provides the configuration steps required to enabled or disable the Network Access Protection client agent, and how to configure settings for evaluting compliance with Configuration Manager NAP policies.
- How to Configure the System Health Validator Point for Network Access Protection
- Provides the configuration steps related to the System Health Validator point, such as the validity period of the statement of health and the location of the health state references.
ConceptsAbout Enabling and Disabling Network Access Protection
About the NAP Client Status in Network Access Protection
About System Health Validator Points in Network Access Protection
Other ResourcesConfiguring the Network Policy Server for Configuration Manager
Overview of Network Access Protection
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.