Configuring Mobile Device Management
Updated: February 24, 2015
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Mobile Device Management feature enables mobile device discovery and management for mobile devices running Microsoft Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC and Smartphone, and Windows CE platforms.
|If you want to use Microsoft Intune or System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to manage mobile devices, or want to compare these technologies, see Choosing an Intune configuration.|
A number of configuration steps are required before you can distribute the mobile device client and manage mobile devices. Click the associated link in the following section for information about how to configure Mobile Device Management for Configuration Manager 2007.
In This Section
- How to Upgrade from the Device Management Feature Pack
- Provides the steps to remove the Mobile Device Feature Pack in preparation for deploying the Configuration Manager 2007 Mobile Device Management.
- How to Enable a Mobile Device Management Point
- Provides the configuration steps to enable a Configuration Manager 2007 management point to support mobile device clients.
- How to Enable Distribution Points to Support Mobile Devices
- Provides the configuration steps to enable a Configuration Manager 2007 distribution point to support mobile device clients.
- How to Configure the Mobile Device Client Agent
- Provides the steps to enable and configure the Configuration Manager 2007 mobile device client agent.
- How to Distribute Inventory Extension to Client Desktop Computers for Mobile Device Management
- Provides the steps to enable discovery of client computers that synchronize with mobile devices.
- How to Create a Folder for Mobile Device Client Deployment
- Provides the steps to create a folder containing all files required for mobile device client installation on mobile devices.
- How to Edit the Mobile Device Client Configuration .ini File
- Provides the steps to edit the .ini files used during the mobile device client installation, upgrade, and uninstall processes.
- How to Install or Upgrade the Mobile Device Management Client
- Provides the steps to install or upgrade the Configuration Manager 2007 client on mobile devices.
- How to Verify Mobile Device Client Installation or Upgrade
- Provides the steps necessary to verify client deployment via log files, collections, and reports.
- How to Configure Logging for Windows Mobile and Windows CE Devices
- Provides the steps to configure logging on mobile devices and describes log files and their location.
- How to Use Queries to Create Windows Mobile Device Collections
- Provides the steps to create new collections of mobile devices.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.