Package Name Properties
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
The <Package Name> Properties dialog box displays information about a specific software distribution package and allows administrators to configure many settings for that package. This dialog box also includes information about the access accounts, distribution points, and programs associated with the package.
This property page is available by right-clicking the specific package <package name> and then clicking Properties.
Click any link in the following section for detailed information about its associated tab in the dialog box:
In This Section
- Package Name Properties: General Tab
- Specifies general information, including name, version, and any comments about the specific package selected.
- Package Name Properties: Data Source Tab
- Specifies data source information, including whether the package contains source files, where those files are located, and whether associated distribution points are updated on a schedule.
- Package Name Properties: Data Access Tab
- Specifies where Configuration Manager 2007 stores this package on distribution points and how it will be accessed.
- Package Name Properties: Distribution Settings Tab
- Specifies branch distribution point content settings, as well as sender and priority to use when sending this package to child sites.
- Package Name Properties: Reporting Tab
- Specifies how Management Information Format (MIF) files generated by clients apply to this package.
- Properties - Security Tab
- Specifies the security rights individual users have on both this class and the specific package.
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.