Technical Reference for Desired Configuration Management
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Click any link in the following section for technical references for desired configuration management with Configuration Manager 2007.
In This Section
- Comparison of SMS 2003 Desired Configuration Monitoring and Configuration Manager 2007 Desired Configuration Management
- Compares the differences between Desired Configuration Monitoring in SMS 2003 and Configuration Manager 2007 Desired Configuration Management.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Authoring Configuration Items in Desired Configuration Management
- Step-by-step guide to authoring the three different types of configuration items in desired configuration management by using the Configuration Manager console.
- Example Compliance Evaluation for a Desired Configuration Management Application Item
- A walkthrough of an example application configuration item to evaluate compliance results with different computers when using different configuration baseline rules.
- Example Scenarios for Implementing Desired Configuration Management
- Example scenarios of how desired configuration management can be implemented to address various business requirements.
- Step-by-Step Sample Configuration Items for Desired Configuration Management
- Collection of sample configuration items to help you create simple but useful configuration items for everyday maintenance tasks.
Other ResourcesDesired Configuration Management in Configuration Manager
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.