Software Updates Client Agent Properties: Update Installation Tab
Applies To: System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
Use the Update Installation tab in the Configuration Manager 2007 Software Updates Client Agent Properties dialog box to specify whether to enforce the installation of all mandatory software updates that have a deadline within a specified period of time when another mandatory software update deadline is reached and to hide deployments on client computers.
The Update Installation tab contains the following elements:
- Enforce all mandatory deployments
- Specifies whether to enforce all mandatory software update deployments that have deadlines within a specified period of time. When a deadline is reached for a mandatory software update deployment, installation is initiated on clients for the updates defined in the deployment. This setting determines whether to also initiate the installation for software updates defined in other mandatory deployments that have a configured deadline within the specified period of time. The benefit of this setting is that it expedites software update installation for mandatory updates, might increase security, might decrease display notifications, and might decrease system restarts on client computers. By default, this setting is not enabled.
- For deployment deadlines within
- Specifies the timeframe for the Enforce all mandatory deployments setting. The minimum value allowed is 1 to 23 hours and 1 to 365 days. By default, this setting is configured for 7 days.
- Hide all deployments from end users
- Specifies that all deployments are hidden when they are received on Configuration Manager 2007 client computers. Use this setting to deploy software updates to computers without any display notifications or notification area icons. By default, this setting is not enabled.
- Saves the changes and exits the dialog box.
- Exits the dialog box without saving any changes.
- Saves the changes and remains in the dialog box.
- Opens the help topic for this tab of the dialog box.
TasksHow to Configure the Software Updates Client Agent
Other ResourcesSoftware Updates Client Agent Properties
For additional information, see Configuration Manager 2007 Information and Support.
To contact the documentation team, email SMSdocs@microsoft.com.