By creating host groups, you can customize your views of virtual machine hosts and the virtual machines deployed on them. Host groups also can be used to adjust the amount of resources reserved for the host operating system on different hosts and to make hosts available for users through virtual machine self-service.
In This Section
- About Host Groups
- Introduces host groups and describes the roles host groups can perform in Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to Create a Host Group
- Provides a procedure for creating a new host group, adding hosts to the host group, and setting the host group's properties.
- How to Move Hosts to a Host Group
- Provides procedures for moving hosts to a host group by using the drag and drop method or the Move to host group action.
- How to Modify the Properties of a Host Group
- Provides a procedure for modifying the properties of a host group to add a host group description, reset the resources reserved for host operating systems, and create self-service policies for users.
- How to Delete a Host Group
- Provides a procedure for deleting a host group that is not in use.