When you add a virtual machine host or a library server, Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) installs an agent on that computer. A single computer can serve as both a host and a library server. However, VMM installs only one agent; therefore, a managed computer can have multiple roles.
|There is another scenario in which VMM temporarily installs an agent and a managed computer can have another role. When you use VMM to convert a physical computer to a virtual machine (P2V), VMM installs a special-purpose agent on the computer to gather information and then removes it before the conversion begins. These managed computers appear in the Managed Computers results pane only briefly.|
You can reassociate or update VMM agents deployed on managed computers, and you can remove a managed computer role.
In This Section
- How to Reassociate a Managed Computer with Another Virtual Machine Manager Server
- Explains how to reassociate a managed computer with a different VMM server.
- How to Update an Agent on a Managed Computer
- Explains how to update the version of an agent on a managed computer.
- How to Remove a Managed Computer Role
- Explains how to remove a role from a managed computer.