Deploying Virtual Machines
This section explains what you need to know to deploy virtual machines on hosts in Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), including information about the process of virtual machine placement, how to customize host ratings during placement, and procedures for deploying and migrating virtual machines.
In This Section
- About Virtual Machine Placement
- Describes virtual machine placement, in which VMM recommends the most suitable host for a virtual machine during deployment, and automatic placement, in which a virtual machine is automatically deployed on the most suitable host in a host group.
- About Host Ratings
- Explains the method by which VMM rates a host's suitability for a virtual machine and provides procedures for setting systemwide defaults for host ratings, customizing host ratings for an individual virtual machine during deployment or migration, and configuring placement settings for a host.
- How to Deploy a Virtual Machine
- Provides a procedure for deploying a virtual machine on a host.
- How to Migrate a Virtual Machine to a Different Host
- Provides procedures for migrating a deployed virtual machine to a different host by using a wizard or using the drag-and-drop method.