Through the use of virtual machine checkpoints, you can restore a virtual machine to a previous state. Checkpoints are created and managed in Virtual Machines view.
In This Section
- About Virtual Machine Checkpoints
- Provides an overview of checkpoints.
- How to Create a Checkpoint
- Provides a procedure for creating checkpoints, which enable you to recover the virtual machine to a previous state.
- How to Manage Checkpoints
- Provides procedures for creating, editing, and merging checkpoints, and for restoring a virtual machine to a checkpoint.
- How to Edit a Checkpoint Description
- Provides a procedure for modifying a checkpoint description.
- How to Merge a Checkpoint
- Provides a procedure for merging a checkpoint when you no longer need to restore a virtual machine to its state when the checkpoint was created.
- How to Restore a Virtual Machine to a Checkpoint
- Provides a procedure for restoring a virtual machine—including its guest operating system, application settings, and application data files—to its state when a checkpoint was created.
ConceptsManaging Virtual Machines