Removing File-Based Resources from the Library
When you no longer need a file-based resource in the Virtual Machine Manager library, it is recommended that you remove the resource through Virtual Machine Manager to ensure that the file is not in use by a virtual machine, guest operating system profile, software profile, or virtual machine template.
Several methods are available for removing file-based resources from the library, either temporarily or permanently, depending on your needs.
In This Section
- How to Disable and Enable Library Resources
- Provides procedures for disabling and enabling files to temporarily remove them from use in new virtual machines, templates, and profiles.
- How to Remove Resources from the Library
- Provides a procedure for permanently deleting files no longer in use.
- How to Remove a Library Share
- Provides a procedure for removing a library share so that the files on that share are no longer indexed in Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to Remove a Library Server
- Provides a procedure for removing a library server from Virtual Machine Manager.