A virtual machine host is a physical computer that hosts one or more virtual machines. You can use Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) to manage virtual machines on hosts in a trusted domain or on a perimeter network.
Before you begin installation for each VMM component, ensure that the prerequisite software is installed and that all computers meet the recommended hardware requirements. For the most up-to-date system requirements information, see System Requirements for Deploying Virtual Machine Manager 2007 at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69926.
In This Section
- About Adding Hosts
- Provides a brief overview of adding hosts on trusted domains and on perimeter networks.
- How to Add Hosts in a Trusted Domain
- Provides step-by-step instructions for adding a host on a trusted domain.
- How to Add a Host on a Perimeter Network
- Provides step-by-step instructions for adding a host on a perimeter network.
- How to Search for Hosts
- Provides step-by-step instructions for locating hosts on your network.