Use the Hardware Editor Computer Configurations page to create, copy, modify, and delete computer configurations in the hardware library.
Computer configuration icons indicate whether and how you can manipulate a configuration.
A locked icon indicates that the computer configurations are system-defined and cannot be deleted.
An in-use icon indicates that you can modify the computer configuration, but you cannot delete it until the configuration is no longer in use by a capacity model. If you modify a configuration that is in-use by a capacity model, the hardware configuration change you make is applied to the corresponding item used in the capacity model.
You can take any action on a configuration without an icon.
The following elements appear on the Computer configurations page.
- New Computer
- Creates a new computer configuration.
- Copy computer
- Copies the selected computer configuration that you can modify.
- Configuration name
- Displays the name of the computer configuration. Click the configuration name to change the name of the configuration.
- CPU count
- Displays the number of physical CPUs in the computer configuration.
- CPU speed (GHz)
- Displays the speed of the CPU, expressed in gigahertz (GHz).
- Bit width
- Displays the bit-width of the CPU.
- Disk size
- Displays the total size of all hard disks in the computer configuration.
- Displays an icon resembling an X. When available, you can click the icon to delete the computer configuration.
- Devices in the computer configuration <Selected Configuration>
- Lists the devices in the computer configuration.
- Device Name
- Name of the hardware device.
- The number of duplicated devices in the selected computer configuration.
- Displays an icon resembling an X. When available, you can click the icon to delete the device from the computer configuration.
- View: CPU
- When you do not have a CPU device in the computer configuration, a list of all CPU hardware devices in the hardware library is displayed. When you click an item in the list, you can use Add Device to add it to the computer configuration. When a CPU device has been added to the computer configuration, the CPU device details are displayed.
- View: Single Disk
- Displays a list of all disk hardware devices in the hardware library. When you click an item in the list, you can use Add Device to add it to the computer configuration.
- View: Disk Array
- Displays a list of all disk arrays in the hardware library. When you click an item in the list, you can use Add Device to add it to the computer configuration.
- Add Device
- Copies the selected device to the computer configuration.
TasksHow to Add a Computer Configuration in the Hardware Editor
How to Copy or Delete a Computer Configuration in the Hardware Editor
How to Modify a Computer or Device Configuration in the Hardware Editor
How to Save Hardware Configurations to the Capacity Planner Hardware Library
Other ResourcesCapacity Planner Hardware Editor
Hardware Editor Reference Topics